Wednesday, October 04, 2006

She's Mine!

I bought her from Barry at San Francisco Scooter Centre for $3,500. Barry is/was amazing. He offered a 45 day guarantee, replaced some cables, replaced the seat cover, added a new carburetor, installed the euro taillight, shimmied the levers, replaced a bunch of small hardware and performed a general tuning -- all included in the purchase price. Not only that, but he stayed late to sell me on the bike (i.e. answer my 1001 questions) and worked past 10pm to have it ready for me to pick up. That is service -- I didn't get a tenth of that when I bought my new car.

After about 50 miles of riding I must say she's strong and the only issue I need to take care of is some surface rust, especially on the underside. I purchased a small amount of Rust Bullet and I plan to clean her and apply the rust inhibitor this weekend. Wish me luck...fumes make me randy.

No comments: