Sunday, November 05, 2006

The November '06 Sunday Ride

The first Sunday of every month brings joy to my heart as the Vespa Club of Los Gatos hosts a ride open to scooterists of all breeds. This Sunday was especially wonderful. 13 scoots began the ride to San Juan Bautista from Los Gatos, stopping briefly at the Uvas Reservoir. Round-trip I clocked about 100 miles on the old ticker. Ride highlights includ entering the magical misty forests, gaping vistas of the valley floor, riding a 32-year-old Vespa next to Rolf's 80-mile-old Vespa from the future (2007), and finding out the same Rolf fixed Susan's seized P200 on the side of the 101 with nothing more than a spark plug and a spark plug wrench. I think he also pulled a rabbit out of her helmet but it could have just been an illusion.

I loved the ride, even if it did mean braving the 101 and gale force winds. Most of all, I loved the fact that my old Rally didn't whimper once, not climbing up the mountains, not hauling ass on the freeway. She's a strong one, she does me right.

No comments: